what freedom means to me- Andrew

 

Freedom is a highly metaphysical concept. It's something that we can't see or touch, and can only be understood through deep thinking. But, it's also a concept we can come to know through our own experiences.

 

I believe that freedom is the state in which I can think, speak, and act without any external constraints or coercion within socially agreement and laws.

 

About ten years ago, I worked in a prison as a public doctor. The prisoners received the basic necessities for human living inside, as well as appropriate medical care. From what I observed, some prisoners were living relatively peaceful lives within. However, they all had to keep to set times for waking up, sleeping, and meals, and even had to follow various rules when using the toilet. Most prisoners always wanted to get out of the prison. During my conversations, they mentioned that they couldn’t survive under the restriction of thinking, speaking, acting for themselves.

 

Through my experience, I realized that how precious it is to think, speak, act without any constraint.




Comments

  1. Auto - There's a lot of information and you also give me the example or experience which is very easy to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your experience was so cool. I also realized that having the freedom to think, speak, and act is precious:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you and your opinion is so critical from your experience. I think if I have a lot of rules or limits, I will be so stressed .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that you worked in a prison. It's a stunning job because I think we cannot work there easily. I agree with your opinion. It is so difficult for us to think about what is freedom, isn't it? Thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About me-Lom

About me - Isis

About me -- Ryuya Fujimoto