About me - Isis

Visite Praia de Ponta Verde em Ponta Verde | Expedia.com.br

    Kia ora, my name is Isis (it is pronounced 'e-zies’). I’m from a touristic coastal town in the northeast of Brazil, where people usually go on vacation during summertime. It is commonplace that people go for a stroll along the waterfront of its most popular beach, full of coconut trees and ‘tapioca’ tents. I’m very lucky to live nearby in a small and cozy apartment with my parents and our five adopted cats. However, despite the inviting landscape around, I also enjoy having a ‘home time’ with my pets.

    I graduated in Psychology some years ago, but as I’m much into foreign languages, I decided to be an English teacher and translator. I'm still in the process of qualifying for it, and coming to New Zealand was one of the strategies I adopted to improve my fluency.

    Regarding my hobbies, I take pleasure from reading novels, watching TV series and films, and hanging out with my friends. So far I haven’t been a frequent cook, but learning how to prepare more sophisticated dishes is one of the personal goals I want to accomplish as soon as I return to Brazil.


Comments

  1. I'd like to swim in the sea and enjoy sunshine on the beach. Lovely cats hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine is what you get the most in Brazil! haha

      Delete
  2. I'd like to ditto Roger's comment. Gorgeous cats indeed! Your town looks lovely, too. Have you ever been for a dip in the sea at St Clair in Dunedin? I wonder if you would be able to do so, given the difference in the temperature of the sea down here.
    David :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave it a go trying to get into the sea in Nelson once, but my feet were freezing from the water's cold. I might give it another shot here in Dunedin, 'cause I can't go back to Brazil without a dip in the Pacific Ocean haha

      Delete
  3. You have many cats! I think all cats are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hometown has nothing special, so your hometown sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've googled your city, "Chiba", and found it so lovely!

      Delete
  5. Hi Isis, Thank you for sharing me a beautiful picture of your hometown! I want to visit there someday. Your cats are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd also love to visit Japan someday. I imagine the landscapes and architecture are quite different from what I'm used to seeing back home :)

      Delete
  6. You must know how to enjoy at the beaches in NZ! I want you to share it to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could enjoy them more, but the water is so cold.

      Delete
  7. Yesterday conversation was very impressive to me. Many people repect your father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it'd be a good idea to share a bit about what's been happening in my city and how my father could be helpful to others.

      Delete
  8. So beautiful sea and lovely cats! Sea winds make me feel comfortable. Your hometown is good place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather the beaches didn't have strong winds though, because I get cold pretty easily. For me, the sounds of sea waves are more relaxing.

      Delete
  9. Pretty and adorable cats😻 I hope I get a chance to visit your country

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About me-Lom

About me -- Ryuya Fujimoto