A Dream Adventure - Andrew

 Do you know about the Camino de Santiago? The Camino de Santiago is one of the most famous trekking routes in the world. 

People started the pilgrimage after the remains of Saint James were discovered in the city of Santiago in Spain during the Middle Ages. The final destination is the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral.

 
If you walk from France, the path is over 800 km long, and you need to walk for more than a month, about 20 km each day. In the Middle Ages, people believed that walking this path would forgive their sins. 

Walking this long path has been on my bucket list for a long time. I want to walk this path after my children become adults. 

As I said in our class, I like walking. So, I want to travel by walking. Traveling by walking takes a lot of time, but maybe I will feel that time goes by quickly. The passage of time is relative, so if I focus on walking, this time will feel very short to me.

The biggest reason I like walking is that when I walk, I move my body and feel alive. I want my children and many others to like walking too.



Comments

  1. Walking 20km each day is sounds very hard, but it will have a huge sense of accomplishment!
    I think I have to walk more in a daily life to using muscle and keep my energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that there is such a wonderful walking path. You really like walking! Also, your dream is very fascinating. Walking has great benefits for our health and mental, but I don't want to walk along such a long path! I will be scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the Carmino! I have watched a movie and several documentaries about people walking this pilgrimage trail. It would be something special to do. You'd learn to appreciate having simple things like food & shelter each morning, noon & night, and have a chance to reflect on 'the meaning of it all' in the company of other pilgrims each evening. I hope you get to walk this trail.
    David :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like walking, too! Someday I want to try trekking for several days in NZ!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About me-Lom

About me - Isis

About me -- Ryuya Fujimoto