A Myth Debunked -- Hana

 In Japan, We have a myth about solution of cold.

When people get cold, they say 

''If you wrap green onion to your neck, it will heal the cold''.

This is an old myth in Japan and there were a lot of people did this in reality.

But, of course it won't work so simply.

We don't have any medical basis about it.

Then, why people thought that

 ''If you wrap green onion to your neck, it will heal the cold'' ?

The point is the effects of green onion.

Green onion's smell has strong ''bactericidal action''. It means Green onion is effective to kill the virus.

this reason made this myth.

However, green onion is effective because we eat it, so it's better to eat it than wrapping on our neck. Also, green onion has an effect that heal the tiredness.

When you have a cold or feeling tired, you should eat green onion.

Comments

  1. I'm Japanese, but I didn't know about this myth! I strongly agree that green onion is effective to our body. It is incredibly interesting for us to think that wrapping green onion to our neck makes us feel better! We have a frexible belief!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time when I have a cold I will eat green onion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s reasonable. I hadn’t known that green onion’s smell has strong “bactericidal action”. -- Auto

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my country (Turkiye) we have a similar belief. People believe if they eat red onion (not green one and not put it on their bodies) they do not get sick. And the doctors tell about the positive medicinal effect of red onions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About me-Lom

About me - Isis

About me -- Ryuya Fujimoto