A Holiday Snapshot-Andrew Cha

 Last winter, my family came to Dunedin. Despite the extremely cold weather, I explored the area around Dunedin with our family every weekend. 

Our Kiwi friend recommended Tunnel Beach, so we decided to visit. 

Since Dunedin weather changes frequently, like children picking toys in a toy store, we checked the weather forecast before going. 

My wife loves taking photos because it brings her great joy to reminisce about those memories while looking at them. 


Tunnel Beach, privately owned, was created by a father to allow his disabled daughter to play comfortably on the beach. It's such a heartwarming story. The tunnel was very narrow, dark, and damp, but somehow I felt like I could understand the father's heart. Imagining the father carrying his daughter down the tunnel. 


The beach accessed through the tunnel was so quiet and cozy. It truly felt like my own private beach. The kids happily played around, even though their clothes got wet, of course. 

My wife was able to take some truly beautiful photos. Even when the kids grow up, they won't forget these photos. 

After capturing the beautiful scenery in our hearts, we climbed back up from Tunnel Beach. While going down is recommended, going up is really not recommended.





Comments

  1. I also love tunnel beach because we can see magnificent nature. When I went there, I could relax!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About me-Lom

About me - Isis

About me -- Ryuya Fujimoto