Andrew Cha - An old hand, set in my ways

Becoming an expert in a field is difficult.

I spent 10 years striving to become an expert.

I worked tirelessly, sacrificing sleep, vacation time, and family time to pursue my goal for 10 years.

And eventually, I earned recognition as an old hand in that field.



After a year had passed, I suddenly had a thought.

Was I being too set in my ways?

Was I repeating the methods I had used every single day?


So, I decided to try a different path.

This decision wasn't easy. I had invested 5 years of effort and had achieved some level of success in the field.

I believe that with prolonged effort in a particular field, we can become experts.

However, I also believe that we must always be open to different perspectives.

Comments

  1. Changing own way is one of the most difficult things especially when the way goes well.
    I’ll try new ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressive story! I also think effort is important! I will stick to the mentality of effort and work hard to reach my goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I strongly think you have been striving to not only study English, but also do other works! After I read your blog, my respect to you has increased more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To keep trying something new is tough. I respect you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About me-Lom

About me - Isis

About me -- Ryuya Fujimoto