A Holiday Snapshot -- Ryuya Fujimoto

  I took this picture at Milford Sound. I wanted to see the fjord for a long time and I knew that the Scandinavian peninsula is famous for fjord, so I wanted to go there. But after I came to New Zealand, I heard that we can see fjord in New Zealand, so I would like to see it. When I searched for the meaning of "Sound", I realized that it is not fjord, but sound, so I was a little disappointed, but I misunderstood about it! The name "Sound" was added by James Cook and he mistakenly thought it was a sound instead of a fjord! So my dream came true.


 It took about 5 hours to get there by bus, but I didn't get bored because Driver's bus tour guide was great and interesting (actually I couldn't understand all of his description because of my poor listening skills, but it was great.), and the scenery from the bus on the way to Milford Sound was magnificent. It was so beautiful that I took more than 100 pictures on the bus. 


At Milford Sound I rode the cruise. The scenery was spectacular and breathtaking. I was so impressed. There are beautiful steep mountains, cliffs and waterfalls. I went there alone, so I could spend great time on my own, lost in thought while seeing wonderful scenery. I also listened to Celtic music, the song of Enya and the Lord of the Rings, so it was good to relax.


This trip became an unforgettable memory and I think I want to see the fjord at the Scandinavian peninsula one day.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me-Lom

About me - Isis

About me -- Ryuya Fujimoto