About Karen

 I’m Karen. I use to live in America when I was two months till three years old in a town near Seattle Washington, and now I live alone in Tokyo. I’m a university student right now and my major is physics. I will be staying here for two months.


I have been dancing for almost seven years and now I am a member of a dance club in my uni. I dance general Girls and a little bit of Jazz. I’m taking a break right now but I’m thinking to restart my club in April after I’m back in Japan. 


I like to drive but I don’t have my own car in Tokyo so I usually borrow one. I went to 5th station of Mt. Fuji last year. It took more than three hours but I’m hoping to go again. And I also like to walk especially when it has a nice temperature at night. I live in the middle of the city in Tokyo. Middle of the Tokyo is called “city that never sleeps”. It’s always bright and always a lot of people which makes me feel safe. 




Comments

  1. I enjoy staying at a less busier place in Japan. Physics is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup here is a less busier good place. I feel like the time is moving slowly then how I feel in Japan which is very nice.

      Delete
  2. I imagine the 5th station of Mt. Fuji is great place and I want to go there someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It has a beautiful view! But recommend to go by car, not on foot😑

      Delete
  3. Physics is too difficult for me, so you are so great to major in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose my major physics but now I am struggling with it and kinda regret choosing it🤣🫠🤫

      Delete
  4. You must be a confident driver to take on the Tokyo traffic! I've never tried driving there. It is nice that you enjoy heading for the hills sometimes. I like to do that too. My favourite place for hiking in Japan is Yakushima. The hills and mountains are wonderful down there. I'd recommend that you climb Miyonoura dake some time.
    David :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I’ll hope I get an chance to see Yakushima and also Miyunoura!

      Delete
  5. The height of 5th station of Mt. Fuji is 2305m!!! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t know it 2395m high! Thanks for that info😚

      Delete
  6. Wow, I have been to Tokyo many times, and it is very amazing place! Also, the picture you took looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen. When I first got here, I was surprised by how the streets in New Zealand look empty at night, only with few people around. I wonder how different that is for you, who is used to live in the middle of Tokyo. Which atmosphere among these two would you prefer to live in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isis
      Yes I have the same opinion with the difference of the road. Road in Japan is always more crowded. I prefer to live in Tokyo because many people in road makes me feel more safe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About me-Lom

About me - Isis

About me -- Ryuya Fujimoto